Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Screaming Masterpiece


This week the 30th annual Cleveland International Film Festival gets underway starting this Thursday night and runs through the 26th. I was checking out the lineup to see if there was anything showing that would peak my interest and then I discovered that Screaming Masterpiece is showing. At that point I just about jumped out of my skin because last month when we saw Sigur Rós, Kelly had told me about this film. Screaming Masterpiece, for those of you who have not heard of, is a documentary about the scene in Iceland that features performances and interviews with: Björk, Múm, Sigur Rós, Amina and many others. I never thought that I would get to see it because right now the only place you can buy it from sells it for $40 (here) and frankly I did not think I would ever get to see it in Cleveland. I was even to the point of thinking about coughing up the dough an now I am glad I do not have to. Which brings me to my last point. Since Kelly is out of town who wants to go? I would like to go to 12pm showing on Saturday, so let me know.

Screaming Masterpiece Trailers

Soundtrack (buy here)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wish that I could go with you :( Maybe there will be an opportunity to purchase their dvd or soundtrack at the Film Festival?? Would be nice. . .

Kristi Joy said...

well damn, I wanna go! Unfortunately I don't think I'll be making the drive anytime soon. I don't know exactly how far Cleveland is from Minneapolis, but Chicago is 6-7 hours and I'm sure you're a few beyond that. But if you end up going, do tell me how it was!