Saturday, March 25, 2006

esta noche

Kelly split town again. She is in Oxford seeing friends and her sister. So tonight I will be attending The Editors, Stellastarr* and Mobius Band show @ The Agora with Erin (she has a blog, you can check it out here). I am pretty excited to finally see all these bands, and all on the same bill no less. I never imagined when first hearing The Editors album last spring that 1 year later I would get to see them in C-town.

While we are on the topic of the Editors, this band The Picture has also opened for them and I think you should check them out. The Picture resides in Brooklyn, NY and recently played @ this year's SXSW. They are currently holding down a residency @ Piano's in New York. Tonight they are playing a show in Philly with C-bus's very own The Sun. They display their own take on brit pop and guitar rock while also being discribed as The Jesus and Mary Chain meets The Cure. My own two cents is that at times they remind me of The Dandy Warhols with a hint of Grandaddy and The Killers.

(mp3) The Picture - Sellout

(mp3) The Picture - Blind Side

MySpace Page

2 comments:

Kacy said...

did you know that andrew is pretty good friends with the sun? i totally enjoy them.

Anonymous said...

Very cool -- did not know that. . .although, makes sense b/c of you guys being from Columbus and all :)

I remember seeing The Sun open for The Flaming Lips a few years back at the Newport and was very impressed