Saturday, October 14, 2006
Top 5 songs of the week (BEARS & SALSA)
I don't really know what is going on in your neck of the woods but this is what is happening with us this weekend. Sarah (one of Kelly's best friends) is in town from Chi-town visiting Kelly and the girls are off together today enjoying Tremont and other parts of the city. Then tonight we are going to meet up down in Coventry for the first ever headlining show for BEARS! @ The Grog Shop. The show starts @ 9pm and the costs is 6 dollars. This is an all local bill with openers Poor Sailor, To Be a High Powered Excutive, and JJ Magazine. Before I head over to meet up with them, I am going to be attending the 4th Annual Viva La Salsa event @ The IX center. This is an excellent fundraiser for the great local educational Latino organization Esperanza. The cost of the event is $25 and it starts @ 7pm, running until 12am -- for more info go here.
5. (mp3) Don't Give Up (On Your Man) - No Wait Wait This side project of Alan Sparkhawk from low, makes guitar driven pop like wilco, built to spill and my morning jacket.
4. (mp3) Little People - The Grates This Australian 3 piece makes songs that sound like early 80's punk rock mixed with parts of deerhoof and le tigre.
3. (mp3) Lazy Bones - Brown Recluse Sings These philly boys bring to mind the sounds of the zombies, the kinks and acid house kings. I'd love to see them play with BEARS.
2. (mp3) Vans (Diplo's Till Infinity mix - The Pack Diplo takes The Pack's Vans Song and places it on top of the awesome 93 till infitiy by souls of mischief, just awesome.
1. (mp3) Golden Years - David Bowie I love this song and I've been hearing it a lot lately, so enjoy.