Saturday, March 24, 2007
Top 5 songs of the week (Go BUCKS!)
On this rainy saturday here in the O-H we are just killing time til Ohio State takes on Memphis in the the Elite 8 @ 4:40pm est, for a chance to make it to the Final Four. Here are some songs that we have been feeling lately:
5. (mp3) Fujiya & Miyagi - In an One Ear and Out The Other This duo are not Japanese they are actually from Brighton, England. They make music that brings to mind the sounds of Can and Kraftwerk but on the funk tip. Be sure to catch them this spring on tour with Au Revoir Simone as they open for Peter Bjorn and John.
4. (mp3) A Sunny Day in Glasgow - The Best Summer Ever This group from Philadelphia make lush laden dream pop that recalls the sounds of the Jesus and Mary Chain and electonrica bands like Mahoghony
3. (mp3) Noise for Pretend - It's oh so quiet (Bjork cover) We can't stop listening to this great jazzy cover from this Portland based indie pop trio.
2. (mp3) Notorious B.I.G. - Party & Bullshit (Ratatat Remix) This track is hands down one of the best on the new Ratatat mixtape vol #2.
1. (mp3) Charlotte Gainsbourg - The Operation I am sure you all recall her from roles in 21 Grams and more recently The Science of Sleep. This is the second album from this French Chaunteuse, this time out she worked with the likes of Air, Jarvis Cocker and Neil Hannon (The Divine Comedy) to make a beautiful slice of French pop perfect for a day like this.