Thursday, March 15, 2007

Playing hookey from work!

Today marks the opening of two great annaul events: The 2007 NCAA divsion I basketball tournament aka March Madness (maybe my brackets won't suck this year) and the 31st annual Cleveland Film Festival. Today also marks the first sick day ( i have cough, no for real i do and it is nasty) from work of have taken this year, could all these things possibly be related? perhaps. This year we are especially looking to the showing of David Wain's new film " The Ten" .

The movie is his take on the ten commandments told thru ten skit and it looks pretty funny. The film has so many great actors who are in it including Paul Rudd, Famke Jansen, Liev Schreiber, Winona Rider and Ken Marino who co-wrote the film. David Wain if you did not know is actually from Cleveland where he attended Shaker Heights High School (sadly I did not get to because my family moved but I did live in Shaker Heights for half of my pre college life). His film will be showing the 24th and 25th so be sure to check it out because he will be in town for the showings.

Here is an interview w/ David Wain, Ken Marino, Gretchen Mol, Famke Jansen and Paul Rudd