Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Would you like something to drink?


As you might be able to tell by the lack of posting, we have been super busy -- so here is a re-cap of what we have been up to as of late. . .

On Friday we (Kelly, Ryan, Lauren and I) were supposed to go see Elvis Costello @ Blossom. Although, unfortunately Mother Nature had other ideas (lots of rain) so instead we held it down @ Lauren's house. The evening consisted of great conversation (see Ryan's post for more on that), lots of spirits (caipirinhas and wine), a rousing game of Trivial Pursuit pop culture dvd edition and lastly some amazing Drumsticks. Yes, I know that is just a simple desert but the drumsticks we had were the new ones called Simple Dipped without the nuts. We had the Mint Chocolate ones which were amazing, as well as the Vanilla Fudge ones which were quite good too.


Saturday we (Kelly, Jennifer and I) went to "The Globe in Glass" wine tasting event @ The IdeaCenter. Now, I have never been to The World Series of Wine, but my understanding was that this event is that but on a slightly smaller scale. If that is the case then I cannot wait for The World Series of Wine, which will be held in November. The Globe in Glass was a blast and we had the opportunity to try a lot of wines we ordinarily would not have tried. The food was great too, with all different kinds of cheese. I wish we had some pictures, although I am sure someone else does. . .

After the event we headed down to The Warehouse District to check out two new bar's: Synergy and Jac's. Both are great additions to bar scene downtown. Synergy is not so much my style but a very cool bar that is mostly all completely white -- very sleek, modern and has a very sexy feel to it. While Jac's is a pretty chill martini bar complete with lots of dark wood and couches, I really enjoyed my mango martini there, you can read more about Jac's here.



Tomorrow evening I have to unfortunately work otherwise I would be enjoying some Belgian Bier. But you can go in my place to a Belgian Beer tasting @ McNultly's Beer Market which starts @ 7pm and the cost is only $22 for more info go here.

1 comment:

Tricia17 said...

I'm not sure if you're into the dining scene downtown, too, but I'd add that Jac's is also a restaurant (with a really cool bar, as you note). They just brought out a new menu, too, with small, medium and large plates. I, um, kinda know the chef, so don't take me at my word, but the food's pretty darn good.