Friday, June 02, 2006

Not if you were the last dandy on earth...


Today I realized (as I am sure many of you have already) that the song being played in the new Pontiac Solstice commercial is I Love You by The Dandy Warhols. Upon this realization it made me laugh because that particular song is part of an inside joke that Kelly and I have. We won't go into the details, but it started with viewing this one part at the end of DiG! (which is an excellent documentary about The Dandy Warhols and the Brian Jonestown Massacre -- if you have not seen it, you should definitely do so) where that song comes on, evoking this akward feeling because this song is just so creepy. It's kind of a paradox that a song titled "I Love You" would be anything but romantic. So whenever we hear this song it makes us laugh -- I just had to share that with you all...

This week we have been super busy, hence the lack of posts. Tommorow we are heading down to "the nati" to my friend Wray's wedding (congrats to Rob and her) but Sunday we should be back in the swing of things again.

Check out the Pontiac Solstice commercial here

(mp3) The Dandy Warhols - I Love You

(mp3) Dr. Dre vs The Dandy Warhols Mash Up Check this one out

No comments: