Thursday, April 06, 2006

Rosie + Sufjan 4ever

I am still kind of in shock -- I mean, how did I not know that Rosie Thomas and Sufjan Stevens are an item? It makes sense, both being amazing musicians that toured together (read this UK Show Review) and they are each from the state of Michigan. And, I was super excited to learn that they have a yet to be released album they worked on together -- but apparently they have done more than make beautiful music together, ahem. . .

Yes, it is true: Rosie Thomas is pregnant with Sufjan's baby !!

****
Update: I was informed earlier (thanks, Ken) that this was all just a little practical joke that Miss Rosie Thomas decided to play on Pitchfork -- that sly minx. Today Pitchdork posted a new story where they got Sufjan's response from the prank, where he was targeted as well.

This is my favorite thing he said:
"...something you need to know about Rosie is that she's really weird and she's really funny. So it's no surprise that she could pull this off, this imaginary baby. But the fact is, Rosie is not carrying my baby. As far as I know, we spent quality time in the studio, not in bed. If Rosie's pregnant, it's not my baby. Maybe it's Denison [Witmer's] baby. Maybe it's an alien baby. I don't know. All I know is that the baby is probably going to grow up to be a clown, or a mime, or a bassoon player or something funny like that."

[Pitchfork: Full Story]
****

I am extremely happy for two of my favorite musicians. I never thought about it until now, but I actually started listening to Rosie and Sufjan's music around the same time a few years back -- and in a way, I associate each of them with that period of my life. Last fall I was fortunate to see each of them perform (separately) at the same venue within a week of the other. Both shows were excellent -- although, Rosie and Sufjan couldn't have a more opposite stage presence. . .I'm sure they compliment each other nicely (on and off stage)

[Mp3] Rosie Thomas - I Let Myself Fall

[Mp3] Sufjan Stevens - She Is (Tim Buckley cover)


Note: Pictures are courtesy of Rosie Thomas's official website

Bonus:
[Interview: Rosie Thomas]
[Wikipedia: Sufjan Stevens]

2 comments:

Dance Hall Hips said...

i always thought RT was from seattle. my bad. her song tomorrow is heartbreaking.

Ken said...

Pitchfork says this is a prank.