Saturday, February 25, 2006

to our hearts we swagger and sway

Howdy! It is a lazy saturday morning, I should have gone to work but I overslept and just called off..I just have needed a break from there as of late. This weekend Kelly is gone she is in Chi-town holdin it down. Last night I did not make a post I was too tired and felt uninspired. This morning I do not feel the same, I feel inclined to share what I just discovered. I just stumbled upon this artist, Thao Nguyen, She is the perfect music for a lazy saturday.

She has an acoustic, folk, bluesy thing going on. Her myspace page says she was once described as "if edie brickell and cat power had a baby, and you woke it up, and it was still sleepy, and you got it to sing." I would have to agree, I thought of Eddie Brickell as soon as i heard her voice and alittle bit of Fiona Apple. Her voice it is very soothing and yet draws you in at the same time. She sights her influences as Lucinda Williams,Beth Orton and Cowboy Junkies and you can hear them in her songs.

(MP3) - Hills

(MP3) - We

MySpace Page

buy her record - Like the linen

No comments: