First off yesterday the Indians traded to bring home Kenny Lofton a fan favorite from our glory days last decade. Congrats to Kenny who yesterday got 3 hits in leading us to a victory over the Twins 10-4 in his first game back with The Tribe since 2001.
That was yesterday on to today and there is lots of shiz going down this Saturday. Tonight for instance we are going to The Globe in A Glass: wine and cheese world tour which is a benefit for local stations WVIZ & WCPN . Down the street tonight from that event @ The House of Blues Third Eye Blind are playing (Kelly loves them but we are not going because it has been sold out for weeks). @ Touch tonight is the monthly old school Hip Hop party "I Got Five on It" with Terry Urban and Mick Boogie. Except Mick Boogie probaly won't be there tonight because he is hosting the Little Brother show @ The Grog Shop. Lastly if you are looking for some indie rock this evening The Smoking Popes are playing @ The Beachland Ballroom with the awesome You Am I opening and Today @ The Beachland from 11-7pm is the Rock n Roll Flea Market, in conjunction with The Waterloo Arts Festival.
5. (mp3) Bon Iver - Skinny Love Bon Bon Iver is the pet project of Justin Vernon who spent 3 months in North Western Wisconsin holed up creating a beautiful accoustic masterpiece.
4. (mp3) Apartment - 1000 Times these lads hail from North London the vocals remind us a bit of Morrissey but the guitars are straight joy division, early U2, echo and the bunymen you get the drift.
3. (mp3) Tilly and The Wall - The Freest Man (CSS Remix) CSS makes some great remixes and this song is yet another example of their craft.
2. (mp3) Third Eye Blind - Motorcycle Drive By Last night when were @ Bier Markt sampling some of their delicious peach mojitos we heard this song. Kelly loves this song and I am clueless as per usual.
1. (mp3) Common - Drive Me Wild (Featuring Lilly Allen) Yes I know what you are thinking Common + Lilly Allen = What? but it really works well. This is our favorite song as of right now.