Monday, July 23, 2007

Top 5 Songs Of Today: Interpol is in town TONIGHT!


In few hours we will be seeing Interpol @ The House of Blues here in C-town. This will be my 3rd time seeing them (all with Kelly). . .however, Kelly has seen them one other time without me, but it was before she knew me and that particular time she met them and actually had the opportunity to play pool with them. So yeah, she gets major scene points for that one. The funny thing is -- right now, as we are preparing dinner, we are listening to a mix she made back in late fall 2002 and back then I hated Interpol. As you can most likely tell, I have completely changed how I feel about this band. On another note, opening for Interpol this evening is Calla and I think their most recent album "Strength in Numbers" is the bees knees.

Some choice jams from Kelly's mix:

(mp3 ) The White Stripes - Hotel Yorba

(mp3) Guided by Voices - Glad Girl

(mp3) Longwave - Pretty Face

(mp3) Grandaddy - Summer Here Kids

(mp3) Pavement - Spit on A Stranger

[and of course Interpol was on that mix as well]

(mp3) Interpol - Obstacle 1

[and Calla was not but here is a nice slice from them as well]

(mp3) Calla - Bronson

1 comment:

Drew said...

how was the show? not a fan, but glad that you are!