Today is our second Saturday -- yesterday was our first, being that we were fortunate to have the day off from work. Additionally, it feels so good to have two Saturday's in a row with absolutely beautiful weather. This evening we are going to go see The Polyphonic Spree @ The HOB Cleveland. I have not seen them before but Kelly saw them open for The Flaming Lips and she thoroughly enjoyed them. As it has previously been stated, I only recently have become a fan of this band -- we both have been making love to their new album The Fragile Army, although it is not the kind of album that likes to spoon afterwards.
5. (mp3) Midnight Juggernauts - Road to Recovery This jam is a favorite right now off Justice's Xavier de Rosnay. Speaking of Justice, their song "D.A.N.C.E" recently debuted on TRL, which is very odd if you ask us but at the time we can see the accessibility of the song thru their kick ass video for it.
4. (mp3) Benni Hemm Hemm - Snjór ljós snjór What is it about Iceland that causes all these groups to come out that make beautiful pop music?? Here is yet another one, and they are on their first U.S. tour ever and tomorrow making a stop in C-town @ The Beachland Ballroom in the tavern. Show starts @ 9pm and cost is $7 bucks -- I can't think of better way to spend your Sunday Night.
3. (mp3) Polyphonic Spree - Light to Follow Yet another standout track from The Fragile Army, looking fwd to hearing more from them this evening.
2. (mp3) Fields - If You Fall (Sebastian Remix) This a great remix of one of the best tracks off their album Everything Last Winter that you should listen to now if you have not already done so.
1. (mp3) The Airfields - Nowhere Left To Go We have been waking up to this song and it helps get the day off to a great start with a great combination of Broadcast-esque fuzz meets twee pop.