Saturday, August 26, 2006
Top 5 Songs of The Week!!
Hope you all are having a great weekend :) Here are some tunes to make it even better. Tonight we are going to the Indians game to watch them take on the Tigers (who we actually beat last night 4-2) and hopefully we bring home another win. Before the game, we are heading over to Ohio City to check out the Fifth Annual City Xpressionz Urban Art Festival presented by MOCA in partnertship with Cleveland Public Art. It runs today from 10am -7pm and features Aerosol Painting/Writing, B-boy/B-girl Battling, as well as DJ's and Mc Battles.
5. (mp3) Que Sera - Wax Tailor I am feelin these French cats who are like DJ Shadow meets Portishead
4. (mp3) Please - Blazer (live and accoustic) C-town's synth poppers return tonight @ the Grog Shop to open for Brandston, they are playing @ 10pm
3. (mp3) Not that kind of boy - Nicholas Megalis Along with drummer Chelsea Simmons are a duo of 17 year olds we saw open for Bishop Allen on Sunday. We were very impressed with their high energy piano driven blues rock
2. (mp3) If you fail we all - Fields These Brits make entrancing music that reminds me of Radio Dept but with even more use of synths
1. (mp3) Decisions, Decisions - Nobody & Mystic Chords of Memory T0 quote chris from gvb this group "blends psychedelic-twinged '60's folk with modern electronic beats and drum loops." It is some good stuff!